UPDATE/EDIT: As some of you have figured out from the config.h blurb below, this is actually pidgin-sipe 1.12.0. I just re-upped to dropbox with a name change on the .zip. I guess I was trying to brain dump to this blog too fast so I wouldn't forget the steps to compiling it.
Well I did it.
What a mess it is to compile some of these programs on win32.
I followed the basic instructions on compile pidgin and got that all working. These instructions are actually pretty good. They are begging to be automated similar to a FreeBSD port build:
Then I tried to follow the pidgin sipe wiki entry for windows:
These are a bit out of date. The good thing is that if you're building post 2.7.0 then most dependencies are already there.
There were a couple things broken at this point preventing success:
- one file was missing an include for glib.h -- already fixed in the sipe git rep
- you need gmime installed in your pidgin-devel/win32-dev directory (linked on the sipe wiki)
- you need the rest of libiconv installed in your pidgin-devel/win32-dev directory (grab libiconv-1.13.1-1-mingw32-dev.tar.lzma from the mingw site)
- libxml2 needed the libs renamed to libxml2-2.lib in their win32-dev directory.
- sipe-core.c wouldn't compile with several entries from config.h which are only generated when running configure. Since running configure correctly in this setup would be a veritable pain, I managed to get what it wanted figured out:
#define PACKAGE_NAME "pidgin-sipe"
#define PACKAGE_TARNAME "pidgin-sipe"
#define PACKAGE_VERSION "1.12.0"
#define PACKAGE_STRING "pidgin-sipe 1.12.0"
#define PACKAGE_BUGREPORT "https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?atid=949931&group_id=194563"
#define PACKAGE_URL "http://sipe.sourceforge.net/"
#define SIPE_TRANSLATIONS_URL "https://www.transifex.net/projects/p/pidgin-sipe/r/mob/"
Save this as config.h and plop it in src/core and delete the #ifdef HAVE_CONFIG_H stanza in sipe-core.c to allow it to be included. This will allow sipe_core_about() to compile.
Successful compile. Yay.
After this I copied libxml2-2.dll and libiconv-2.dll to my pidgin-2.10.0/win32-install-dir directory and src/core/libsipe.dll to the win32-install-dir/plugins directory. Viola, it worked.
You can download it here win32 libpurple 2.10.0 pidgin-sipe-1.12.0